Skip to main content

Introduction to Me:)

 This is me....

(Image Information: personal photo of me;
photo from August 2020.)

My name is Carlee and I am entering into my Senior year!! (Super exciting, scary and sad all at the same time) The past three years have flown by and I have no doubt that this one will be the same. Hopefully, it doesn't go too fast, as I am still in the process of figuring out what my life will look like after graduating. I had always been the student in college that took as many classes as possible to try and graduate early until I realized that there was no fun in that. Now I am trying to enjoy my last year, take it as it comes and live in the moment. 

Unrelated to school, I enjoy doing a lot of different random things. Thanks to quarantine, I have gone from a place where I could be featured on America's Worst Chefs to an advanced novice (those two words don't really belong together but you get the point) in all things sushi and tacos. I also have a great appreciation for reading and even get made fun of on the regular by my friends for joining a Book of the Month subscription that sends me a new book each month. Some other things I love to do are taking long walks to clear my head and the occasional run here and there (use to be an avid runner and triathlete but college kind of got the best of me...may have to take that back up post college). 

However, more than anything else, I am a big family girl. I am fortunate to have grown up very close to OU and have the ability to go home often to get a home cooked meal or just hangout with my people. My little sister is my absolute best friend and I'm not sure I could have moved super far from home because of that. 

Lastly, I am a big people person and love to make friends. So if you share something in common with me or even just want to be friends make sure and comment below:)

Comments

  1. Hey Carlee, I definitely feel you because I'm also in my senior year! I have no clue what I want to do with myself once I graduate either, but we've still got some months until then, so I'm going to enjoy the peace for now. Also, I think that's really cool you joined a Book of the Month subscription; it actually sounds really fun and just something different. I'm a huge reader, but because of college I've stopped reading as much as I used to. Maybe I'll check that out because I want to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carlee! I feel you on mixed emotions about senior year. Excited for the future, but kinda want to stay in college forever. I also loved learning to cook some new things during quarantine. It was something me and my family did together which was really awesome. I am also a big family person! Sadly, my family is about 7 hours away in Houston, but my parents come to Norman all the time to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carlee!
    First of all, I think it's awesome you worked on your cooking during quarantine. In all honesty, that's something I might try and do myself. I want to try to learn some recipes for things I can do the prep for and then just wait for it to cook, since I'm not someone who likes to stand by the stove.
    That's cool that you do a book of the month subscription, I imagine that's a good way to get new books you might not have otherwise found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carlee! I'm a senior too and it's pretty crazy how fast the time flies by! That's pretty cool that you've gotten into cooking? How did you take that up? Sushi seems like it would be pretty hard to make but I'm not much of a chef myself. I like reading too! What are some of your favorite books? I hope you have a great semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture for the time of Rona, Carlee! That's the kind of thing I can imagine you showing to your grandchildren years from now when they ask you what it was like in the pandemic... I can't say that I've really advanced my cooking skills, although I did get an overwhelming desire for peanut butter cookies one day and baked my own, ha ha. But I have read a LOT more than usual. How great that there is a Book of the Month club still out there. I belong to Audible.com and they give me my new audiobook credits every month, so it feels like a kind of book-of-the-month club experience: I get excited on the 14th of every month when my credits show up, and that's coming soon, although it's harder to find time to listen to books during the school year. But during the summer: audiobook bliss! I hope you will enjoy all the reading (free books online! yay!) for this class too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carlie! I loved reading your introduction post. It was so nice to see a friendly face! I am so happy that I have gotten to know you more over the course of the last three years. I am also a big family girl, I have two little sisters, which of them goes here, and I love that I get to experience college with her. I miss my family very much but it is nice to have people at school who are like family. I loved reading your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carlee! I love your first day of school picture, and your house looks super cute. I wish you all the best for your senior year! I am also a senior, and I know how scary it is becoming as we get closer to graduating. Enjoy your last year and make the best of it! <3 I LOVE the idea of a book subscription and getting a new book every year! Tacos and sushi are my favorite foods and thats awesome that you have learned how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Carlee, I am also struggling about thinking how life will be after college but I am just trying to enjoy it and take it all in now. I'm so glad quarantine did you well and you learned a few things and took up some new hobbies. I feel as if I got nothing accomplished over that time lol. I am also a very big family person but I decided to move over three hours away from home and I struggle with not being able to see my family very often. I hope your senior year treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Carlee! I'm a senior myself, and I feel it's bittersweet that our last year is spent mostly in quarantine. Also your comment about your cooking skills cracked me up. Any tips you'd like to share about sushi and tacos, chef? I'm glad your family lives close so you can have that emotional support and good food! All my family is in California and I miss them especially now when it's hard to visit. So please hold your family close for all of us who have to stay away. Also I'm sending you good vibes for your job hunt after graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carlee! I love book of the month! I am a creature of habit and so I more times than not will just read the books that I already have read because I am in love with the characters or the plot. The book of the month got me out of my comfort zone and I love that you get to do it with your friends! I try to do mine monthly with my mom but she gets a little behind or ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carlee,

    Happy senior year! Congrats on making it this far! I am sorry that your senior year isn't exactly what you planned, but I hope that you still make the most out of it and enjoy your last year here in Norman!

    What are you majoring in? What are your plans after graduation?

    I look forward to learning more about you through your writing this semester!

    -Libby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carlee!
    Congrats on being a senior and eventually graduating! That is so exciting but also scary. Im a junior and already worrying about what I am going to do. Also, I think that is great you joined a book of the month club that sounds great. I would love to do something like that! I also was a terrible cook and picked it up doing quarantine which I was very thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carlee!

    I also entered into my senior year this past semester and I have the exact same feelings as you! I was in such a hurry to graduate for so long, but now I'm questioning what I even want to do with my life and it's making me want to slow down. Hopefully we can both enjoy this semester since it's our last though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carlee,
    Congrats on going into your last year and graduating! That must be super exciting. I think it is really cool that you and your friends joined a monthly book subscription. Not often do you find people who actually enjoy reading in their free time. I look forward to reading some of your work this semester. Hope everything goes well as you near graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carlee! I totally get what you mean about just trying to enjoy your last year. I also was trying to graduate early and took a lot of classes in my first few years at school, but then I realized that I wanted to wait an extra year. Now I'm just trying to enjoy senior year! I'm also from Oklahoma - the Tulsa area - so I'm not too far from home. I love going back to see my family when I can because I'm super close to them as well. Thanks for introducing yourself - I hope you enjoy the rest of this course! And congrats on graduating, I hope that your next step becomes clear and that you really enjoy the rest of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carlee!
    I LOVE your last first day of school photo. I am also a huge fan of reading. My kindle unlimited subscription and library card have been my best friends during this long, strange quarantine year. I can't wait for winter break - more time to read! I hope your senior year has been good so far - not too long to go now.
    -Eli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

 Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my Portfoli The Beauty and leaving me some feedback. (Lots of love from the Noun Project )

Week 3 Story: Wise Owl, Greedy King

 There once was a king who's land had fallen into a tretcherous despair. The land was not producing crops and the people had become poor and famished. The king was unhappy and hated to see his people in suffering so he went to the wise old owl who lived right outside the city gates.  The owl told the king that his land had fallen into despair becuase of their wickedness but that they still had hope for redemption. The owl commanded the king to bring his 3 best soldiers out to the city gates. Once there, the owl instructed them to each take a cistern of water and to head west. Once the men had run out of thier water that was were they would find a solution to the problem. As each man runs out of water he is to return home to the king. At last the king will have a solution.  As they set out, it was a terribly hot time of year and the first soldier drank up his water within a days time. The spot in which he landed was full of mulberry trees. At this discovery he quickly retu...