These stories come from the Noah unit. The first story source: The King James Bible (1611) Genesis and the the second is Louis Ginzberg The Legends of the Jews
I chose this weeks readings because most of these are stories I have grown up reading and learning but never ones that I stopped and looked at the literature elements they contained. For the most part, the way that The King James Bible is written is somewhat confusing due to the language they use in it that we do not. I do like how the book of Genesis describes in great detail the events that are occuring without using to many words. Many descriptions are consice yet very specific. I am not sure that these are the particular stories that I would want to redo. However those written by Louis Ginzberg were slightly easier to read and follow along with as he himself has rewritten many of the stories one could find in The King James Bible in a way that is easier for the average person to read without the need for previous knowledge on the language used at the time. The specific story found in The Legends of the Jews titles The Generation of Deluge tells of how the evil in the world had begun to run rampant and immorality the social norm. This particular story also is interesting in the way that it sets the stage by describing what is transpiring in the times and then abruptly brings in the character of Noah before describing why he is building an ark. The story almost leaves room for the imagination to build there own thoughts on Noah. When I start to write my own story I think that the style and techniques used by Louis Ginzberg in the development of characters and introduction of them is something that I want to consider and build my story upon.
(Noah and the Ark from Pixabay)

Comments
Post a Comment