These stories come from the Noah unit. The first story source: The King James Bible (1611) Genesis and the the second is Louis Ginzberg The Legends of the Jews (1990)
The second half, or part B, of the Noah unit was interesting. This section laid out where information came from and was a description of the way things worked. The stories all came from The Legends of the Jews which were adapted from The King James Bible.
The angel that Louis Ginzberg talks of in the first two stories of this section is a character that I may like to draw from. This angel, Samuel, was almost all knowing and had power due to his knowledge. I think a story would be told well and in a unique way if I were to create a character or orchestrates the events and is almost like a narrator for the entirety of the story. It would almost be a character who has previous knowledge of the end or outcome and yet gently nudges along the main characters from the beginning to the end. It may also be interesting to take this character and have them randomly pop in and out causing the main characters to be on the look out for him or awaiting his insight and instructions.
Lastly, I think that keeping Louis Ginzberg's stories bookmarked will be beneficial to me because he does a good job of setting up the scene. After reading his passages, I am left feeling like I can picture exactly what is taking place. While I do not think that this unit is the one in which I want to use as the premise for my project, it is one that will be helpful in the overall writing style I use in the semester project.

Comments
Post a Comment