Skip to main content

Topic Brainstorm

 Monkey See, Monkey Do

While this particular story is one that is quite short, I think it is one that would be easily expanded upon. I feel like we so often her the saying growing up and are told not to always do what we see. There are endless possibilities for a story such as this one. I think changing this story up and making it my own would be a fun task.


(Monkey Hears from Creazilla)

Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche

I have always loved fairytales and love stories so reading and adapting this particular one would be so fun! Unlike the first idea, this story is quite long and may make it easier to change and mess around with. I think it would be cool to change around the characters and even make Cupid's character a girl and the Psyche character a boy.

The Frog Prince

This is another fairytale love story that I have always loved and think would be another fun one to change up. A story like this could easily be elaborated on and contain character reversals. Changing the frog prince into some other animal would be one way to switch it up and add something new to the classic story.

The Blind Men and the Elephant

For my last story, this is another of the short 100 word stories. I really love these short stories because it is so cool how you can have such a meaningful story in so few words. The main point of the story can easily be seen. I like this story a lot just due to the way it shows that we must fully examine things to understnad them. This may be harder to elaborate and turn into a long story but it is one that interests me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me:)

 This is me.... (Image Information: personal photo of me; photo from August 2020.) My name is Carlee and I am entering into my Senior year!! (Super exciting, scary and sad all at the same time) The past three years have flown by and I have no doubt that this one will be the same. Hopefully, it doesn't go too fast, as I am still in the process of figuring out what my life will look like after graduating. I had always been the student in college that took as many classes as possible to try and graduate early until I realized that there was no fun in that. Now I am trying to enjoy my last year, take it as it comes and live in the moment.  Unrelated to school, I enjoy doing a lot of different random things. Thanks to quarantine, I have gone from a place where I could be featured on America's Worst Chefs to an advanced novice (those two words don't really belong together but you get the point) in all things sushi and tacos. I also have a great appreciation for reading and even g...

Week 3 Story: Wise Owl, Greedy King

 There once was a king who's land had fallen into a tretcherous despair. The land was not producing crops and the people had become poor and famished. The king was unhappy and hated to see his people in suffering so he went to the wise old owl who lived right outside the city gates.  The owl told the king that his land had fallen into despair becuase of their wickedness but that they still had hope for redemption. The owl commanded the king to bring his 3 best soldiers out to the city gates. Once there, the owl instructed them to each take a cistern of water and to head west. Once the men had run out of thier water that was were they would find a solution to the problem. As each man runs out of water he is to return home to the king. At last the king will have a solution.  As they set out, it was a terribly hot time of year and the first soldier drank up his water within a days time. The spot in which he landed was full of mulberry trees. At this discovery he quickly retu...

Comment Wall

 Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my Portfoli The Beauty and leaving me some feedback. (Lots of love from the Noun Project )